The image in our masthead is a fragment from a High Dynamic Range photograph by Stuart K Reid
The Parish Church of the Holy Trinity
St Andrews, Scotland
In addition to our congregational worship, as Town Church this splendid
historic building is the place where many larger civic services are held
including the annual golf service attended by members of the Royal &
Ancient and other St Andrews Golf Clubs.
The pulpit was erected in memory of Dr A K H Boyd, Minister from 1865
until 1899 and Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of
Scotland in 1890. The base is Iona marble, surmounted by pillars and
panels of onyx and alabaster. At the base of the pillars are small shields
bearing the initials of the ministers of Holy Trinity who have held the office
of Moderator of the General Assembly.
The magnificent “Te Deum” East Window is the work of the renowned
Scottish artist in stained glass Douglas Strachan, RSA, whose other works
include the windows in the Scottish National War Memorial in Edinburgh
Castle and those in the Palace of Peace in the Hague.
Holy Trinity has ten further windows by Strachan.
On most Sundays we have two services.
The first has a more traditional style whilst the second “Trinity Service”
features a more modern approach.
It is our hope that the diverse needs of members and visitors are catered
for by having these different but complementary acts of worship.
The traditional service is at 10.45 am
The “Trinity Service” starts at 12.00 pm (Noon)
St Mary’s Communion
At 1.00 pm on the first Tuesday of the month during University term-time.
In Holy Trinity, we have a group of people who, in their own time, pray for
anyone who wishes.
Information is circulated by email and people can remain anonymous.
Contact Jan Fairlie to forward a request or if you would like to join the
Courses for those about to hold their wedding ceremony at Holy Trinity
are led by Mike and Moira Stewart. These are very popular and
appreciated by those taking part as the following testimony confirms...
“We found the marriage preparation course extremely helpful and lots of fun.
Mike and Moira were brilliant hosts who were there to facilitate not to lead
our discussions. It was great to spend time with another engaged couple and
to be able to share in their excitement too. Most of all it gave us some
precious time together in amongst all of the wedding planning chaos to talk
about our marriage and plans for the future and not just the wedding day
The Parish Church of the Holy Trinity, St Andrews (Church of Scotland) is a charity; Charity Number : SCO17173