Holy Trinity Carillon

In the medieval church tower is housed the Holy Trinity Carillon which sounds out over St. Andrews before church services.

Fifteen bells were installed in 1926 in memory of Dr. Patrick Macdonald Playfair, Minister of the First Charge from 1899 to 1924, who, shortly after his arrival in St. Andrews, set in train plans for the restoration of the church brought to completion in 1909. Further bells were added in 1938, 1962, and 1998 to give a carillon of 27 bells, now the third largest in Scotland.